Ask Lou: May 2011
Q: I miss coming to your theater and watching you sing and dance with my brother Rusty. He still takes care of your old place. Do you miss your theater? Well I hope this finds you and your husband in good health. Take care and may God be with you and your family. -Shelly L
• Shelly, your brother Rusty is an amazing talent and I really enjoyed working with him over the years. I miss him and my other friends in Pigeon Forge. Thanks for asking about John, my husband. He is having a good week and had gotten out of bed and walked to the mailbox each day.
Q: have you ever thought of doing a summer show like your first Show LOVE MY COUNTRY in the ACUFF THEATRE? -Neal
• Neal, I am so glad that you saw "Love my Country" in the Acuff Theater at Opryland. It was my first production show and that is where I met my husband, John, and he was my boss!! Although I do not have any plans for a summer show, I will be at Gaylord Opryland for my Christmas Dinner and Show. I will also be a part of the Lee Greenwood show in Branson, MO at the Welk Theater.
Q: Hi Louise, Do you write books? It seems you did childrens books and cook
books? I have not had the pleasure in going to Branson to see your shows, but I remember your music and songs and love them. -Denise m
• I have written several books and these days I am so busy that I am lucky to get a "Thank You" note out to anyone. By the way, Denise, thank you for asking about my books!!
Q: Have you ever thought about putting out a gospel cd alone or with Christy? -Kathy F.
• Gospel music is my favorite music and I hope someday to do a gospel CD, however, Christy did a duet with me on my country album, "Playing Favorites".
Q: Do you like to read and if so, who are some of your favorite authors? -Chanin A.
• Thank you Chanin for asking. I do not have a lot of time to read, but my three favorite authors are John Grisham, James Patterson, and Ace Collins. I have autographed copies from all of them.
Q: Hi Louise, I was your "love" in the "Save Me" video we did in Dallas in the 80's. Was that ever produced and if not, why? Working with you was a memory I shall always trasure and I look forward to learning what happened to the video we worked on! -Michael E
• Michael, it is great to hear from you again. "Save me" was a high charting record from me, however, RCA chose not to finish or release the video. Hope you are doing well.
Q: Louise, I always look forward to reading the Ask Lou question in the Louise Mandrell site. My question for you is, are there any plans in the future for you and your sisters to appear together in any upcoming television interviews or programs. It would be great to see all three sisters together again. -Lisa B
• Lisa, I absolutely feel the same way that you do. We can't talk my sister, Barbara, into coming out of retirement to perform and, as her biggest fan, I really miss her music. Be sure to check Christy Sutherland's website (ChristySutherland.net). Barbara produced her new album!
Q: Have you ever been offered your own TV show? What was the very first
record you ever recorded as Louise Mandrell? -Jay
• Jay, following the Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters TV series I was approached about doing my own show. I said no because I knew it would be only 1/3 as good as the original. My first record that I released on Epic Records in 1978 was called "Put it on me".
Q: Lucy Gray-91? Wow! That is amazing! I so enjoyed your FB post about her! She was a great fan club president and I am so glad to know she is still kicking! Any plans for a new fan club? Do you still keep in touch with any of your former band members? Spellbound? I loved that bunch of guys! -S. Houston
• S. Houston, you have a great memory. Obviously you have followed my career from the beginning. I have been able to keep in touch with most of my former band members, Lucy Gray, and thanks to Facebook and my website, I can still keep in touch with country music supporters.
[To join Louise's Official Facebook page, Click here and hit 'like'! There will be several surprises for facebook fans coming soon!