Ask Lou: November 2012
Q: Is Nicole pregnant? I know you would make a great grandmother! – Martha S.
• Martha & Cindy, Nicole is expecting a girl in January and the baby will call me Mama Lou.
Hey Louise,Congratulations again to Nicole, Kyle, you and your whole family on the wonderful news of a new baby in the family! Boy our a girl? Do you know yet? When's he due? What will your grandchild call you? Love to you and your family. :-) – Cindy
Q: Louise, What was your favorite part about Christmas, when you were growing up? – Anita
• Anita, Of course growing up Santa brought some wonderful gifts at Christmas, but my most precious memories are of my sister Barbara organizing Christmas shows starring Barbara, Louise, and Irlene for our parents.
Q: Will you miss getting to play Lou The Maillady this year.? – Bill W.
• Bill, Yes and I will miss all my friends at Gaylord Opryland. I am going to see Lorrie Morgan in December and I'll have a chance to visit with all of my old friends.
Q: Do you have a favorite Christmas book? - Jason C.
• Jason, all of my favorite Christmas books have been written by Ace Collins, but out of all of them the "Stories Behind the Best Love Songs of Christmas" is my favorite!
Q: Hi Louise, I would like to know how you and your family celebrate Christmas? - Roy
• Roy, My family always celebrates Christmas together, but not on Christmas day. My parents always encouraged us to spend Christmas at home with our families. Before or after Christmas we have a Christmas party where everyone gets together.
Q: Out of all of you and your sisters, who makes the best deserts for the holidays? Happy Holidays Louise! – Jeff L.
• Jeff, This Christmas, anybody but me! I’m spending my time tiling my bathroom. My mother bought me a saw for my birthday and I’m enjoying using it!
Q: Do you shop for everyone yourself or do you have someone help you? – Vikki B.
• Vikki, Of course I do my shopping myself. All women love to shop!
Q: Did you leave out cookies and milk for Santa as a child? - Molly
• Molly, Yes I always left cookies for Santa and I still do because I was taught you should always treat every guest special. I also want to encourage kids to write Santa a thank you note. He works hard all year to make you feel special on Christmas!
Q: What did/does your family do for the big night (New Years Eve)? - Jason B.
• Jason, If I'm not working on New Year's Eve, then I am asleep before midnight!
Q: Do you make New Year's resolutions? – Steve F.
• Steve, Yes I do make New Year's resolutions, but I hardly ever keep them!
Q Are you doing anything special with the baby coming soon? - Natasha D.
• Natasha, Nicole's birthday is on December 2nd. She is working that day so the Kelly’s and I are going to Nicole's house to finish decorating her nursery after celebrating her birthday over a big breakfast.
• RUMOR HAS IT that I am retiring but that’s not true. I am only spending more time at home. I have not quit. I have not retired. Love, Louise